Add customer property
If your business provides services for dependents or items that belong to your customers, e.g., vehicles, children, pets, etc, rather than to the customers themselves, you can use the customer properties feature to create profiles for anything your customers make bookings for.
For example, if you run a childcare business that provides services related to children, you wouldn’t add children as customers, as they are not the bill payers, and you wouldn’t be communicating with the children regarding their bookings and scheduling either. In this case, you can create a customer property and name it “Children”, and create all fields and questions you want to show when adding a profile for a child, e.g., name, gender, date of birth, etc. Your customers can have multiple children under their account, and can view the profile and the history of each child separately. The children will appear in your customer profiles and you can record all details related to each child, allowing you to generate a report showing everything related to each child under each customer. The customer in this case would be the parent or caretaker.
Another example, if you run a mobile mechanic business that provides services to different types of vehicles, you would create a customer property and name it “Vehicles”, and create all fields and questions you want to show when adding a profile for a vehicle, e.g., registration number, make, model, color, year etc. Your customers can have multiple vehicles under their account, and can view the profile and the service history of each vehicle separately. The vehicles will appear in your customer profiles and you can record all details related to each vehicle, allowing you to generate a report showing everything related to each vehicle under each customer. The customer in this case would be a personal owner or a business that owns a fleet of vehicles.
If you have created a customer property, then when adding a new booking, a new field will appear listing all pre-entered properties related to the customer so the person making the booking can select from.
To add customer property:
- Go to Settings
- Select General Settings
- Click Customer Properties
4. Click Create New
5. Write a title for your property that you want to add e.g. vehicles in Give a title for your property
6. You can then add as many fields as you want about this property. These fields are the questions or options that you want to ask about the property. For example, you can add the model, type, year, color,etc.
7. Field label: is the question or the option you want to add about the property e.g. model, type, year, color,etc.
8. Field type: is the type of the option you entered. It can be text, number, date picker, options list, and checkbox. If you choose options list or checkbox, you will add the values that will be shown to choose from.
9. Default value: the values that you enter if you choose options list or checkbox will be shown here.
10. Description: it is a text description to describe the field label. It appears next to the name you enter in the field label to describe what to write in that label.
11. Press Save
After adding all customer properties you want, you can edit them and connect them with company trading names if you want (optional).
If you connect your property to a trade name, then when making a new booking, two extra fields will appear for you to fill in: Trading Name and Customer Property.
If you don’t choose any trading name when you make your booking, then all the properties of the customer will appear to choose from. But if you choose a specific trade name, then only the properties connected to that name will appear. If you are making a booking for a customer that you didn’t add any properties to, then customer property field will be empty and no properties will appear for you. So after adding all your properties, all customer properties that you added will appear in your customers profiles and you as an admin can fill in these properties for the customers you want. To do so:
- Go to Customers in the main menu
- Select All Customers
- Press at your customer name to go to his/her profile
4. Click Add New to add vehicles for this customer.
5. All the fields that you already entered will appear here to fill. The Description field here is optional if you want to add any extra information you want about this property that belong to this customer.
Customer properties appear not only in customer profiles and booking forms, but also in the customer portal, so your customers can add new properties to their accounts themselves and make bookings for these properties.