PayPal API Integration
If you have a PayPal account and you want all your customers’ payments from your company in OctopusPro to be received into your PayPal account, you need to integrate your OctopusPro account with your PayPal account.
But before connecting your OctopusPro account with your PayPal account, you need to start accepting PayPal with Braintree.
In order to start accepting PayPal with Braintree, you’ll need to:
- have a compatible Braintree account
- have a free, verified PayPal Business Account
- enter your PayPal credentials in the Braintree Control Panel
Sign up for a PayPal Business Account
- Go to the Settings page in your PayPal account
- Click Upgrade to a Business account
- Enter your business information and follow the remaining prompts
Verify your PayPal account
In order to avoid withdrawal limits or the inability to process transactions, you will need to verify specific information, like your bank account.
Enter your PayPal credentials in the Braintree Control Panel
In order to link a PayPal account to your Braintree account, you will need the API credentials for that PayPal account. To get the API credentials:
- Go to the Create New App page
- Create an app to get API credentials
- Select the same developer account as the test account created in step 1
- Note the following API Credentials for the new app you created:
- Email address associated with this app
- Client ID
Once you have those PayPal API credentials, enter them in your Braintree account:
- Log into your Braintree Control Panel
2. Navigate to Settings > Processing > Payment Methods > PayPal
3. Click Link Sandbox
4. Enter the Email address, Client ID, and Client Secret for your PayPal account
5.Click Link PayPal
Now you should connect your OctopusPro Account with your PayPal account. In order to link a PayPal account to any other software, you will need the API credentials for that PayPal account. To get the API credentials:
- Log in with your Braintree account.
- Navigate to Settings > API
3. Copy Public Key, Private Key, Environment, and Merchant ID.
4. Login to your OctopusPro account.
5. In the left menu, click on Settings >> Financial Settings >> Payment integration
6. Click on PayPal
7. You will reach to the following page
8. Fill in the parameters you previously got from your Braintree account.
9. Press Save