At OctopusPro we want to make sure that all of your employees, regardless of their role, feel connected and empowered. We understand that the needs of users are different depending on their role, that’s why we allow you to add user roles and customize user settings to suit their needs.
You can add the different roles of people in your organization. Once you assign a role to a user, it will control what features of the system they have access to.
By default, you will have Fieldworker, Account Admin, and Customer user roles.
If needed, you can create more roles, such as Account Assistant, by clicking on ‘New Role’. After creating a new user role, you can set it as an existing user’s or a new user’s role.
To add a new role:
- Navigate to Users under Company Settings
- Go to the Roles tab on the Users page
- Click on the New Role button
- Give the role a name and set the default page for that role (where you want that user/users with this role to land when signing in)
- To set the default page, copy the end of the HTTP address of the page you wish to set, e.g. ‘/inquiries’, or ‘/calendar’
- When you have added a new role, it will appear as an option under roles when adding a new user