Services settings general overview
Services settings allows you to manage all the services, custom fields, and products your company provides as well as attach before and after images. You can go to services settings from the main menu>Settings>Services Settings.
In services page, you can add all your provided services by clicking on “Create New“. After creating all your services, your services list will be shown in this page including: your services names, custom fields, category, minimum cost, visibility, and activity. Click on the ifo icon beside each title for more information about it.
While adding your services, you can:
- Add service main details (title, category, description, images etc.).
- Add service cost.
- Charge your customers by time, per job, or per unit.
- Add rates to service.
- Manage service prices zone.
- Add discounts to service.
3. Add custom fields to service.
In custom fields page, you can add all the options of your services as custom fields by clicking on “Create New“. After creating all your custom fields, your custom fields list will be shown in this page including: the custom field name, its details you’ve already entered, the options or values of this custom field if there are any, the services that this custom field is connected to, and its active status. Custom fields are options of your service; or questions to be asked about the service. They are used to give more details about the company’s services. If your services have multiple options, you need then to create custom fields for your services. For example, your company provides massage as a service, but on this same service you want to ask your customers some questions about this service like: ( Massage type, Massage length, Therapist gender, etc.); thanks to the custom fields you can add different options to the same service. So, you can add all these options as custom fields. Custom fields can have different values that customers can choose from. For example, “Massage type” custom field can have the following values: ( Swedish massage, Sports massage, Pregnancy massage, etc.). “Massage length” can have the following values: (60 minutes, 90 minutes, 120 minutes, etc.). “Gender therapist” can have the following values: ( Male, Female, Either).
It is important to link the service with its custom fields so whenever a customer selects a service, its custom fields will directly appear for the customer. So, after creating all your custom fields, you should connect these custom fields to services. Finally, you can connect custom fields to groups so that the grouped custom fields will be stacked together and appear in a single step for your customers during the booking process in the customer portal and in your branded app.
While adding your custom fields, you can customize some features like:
- Choose If this custom field is active or not used any more.
- Choose if you want this custom field to be hidden from the customer or not.
- Choose if you want this custom field to be hidden from the inquiry widget or not.
- Choose if you want answering this custom field to be mandatory when making a booking and choosing the service it is assigned to or not.
- You can make the values of this custom field searchable.
- Choose custom field type: (date picker, time picker, text box (multi-line), text field (one line), (+/-) button, toggle (yes or no), dropdown, radio button, button group, list, and checkbox.)
- Add different values to your custom field if the type you choose is dropdown, radio button, button group, list, or checkbox to be shown for the user to choose from.
- Add a different price to these values with the Additional cost if needed to. If you want the custom field to affect the service price, you can add a different price to the custom field, so when a customer chooses this custom field, its price will be added to the service price. For example, if you want choosing the 120 minute massage to affect the service price, you can add additional cost to this option so it is added to the service total price.
- Add additional time to be added to a value if it takes more time than the original time of the service by clicking on Additional time.
- Add dependent to a value: you can make some custom fields determined by others. They will appear only if the user selects the value that might offer. So, If there is a custom field that its visibility depends on choosing a specific value, you can link this value to that custom field by clicking on Add dependent and choose the wanted custom field so if the customer chooses this value as an answer, then the custom field that depends on this answer will appear for the customer to answer too.
In custom field groups page, you can create new groups to organize your custom fields under by clicking on “Create New“. Custom field groups only affect the customer portal. In the customer portal, by default, each custom field appears alone in a page/popup during the booking process. Organizing custom fields into groups makes these custom fields appear together in one page in the customer portal and in your branded app. Grouped custom fields will be stacked together and appear in a single step for your customers during the booking process.
In categories page, you can create new categories to organize your services under by clicking on “Create New“. This feature allows your customers to find the right service easily. Therefore, managing your services under specific categories will simplify the process of choosing the right service the customer needs while making a new booking or estimate.