Activating and Deactivating Users
The ability to activate or deactivate a user is an essential feature in OctopusPro that helps you manage your users’ status and control their access to various functionalities.
Activation signifies that the user is currently active within your system and can fully perform their duties based on their assigned roles and permissions. Deactivation, on the other hand, makes the user ‘inactive’, restricting them from being assigned jobs. Inactive users can still log in and view or setup their profiles unless they are blocked, signifying a temporary change in status.
How to Activate or Deactivate a User
To change a user’s status, follow these steps:
- Go to Users: Navigate to ‘Settings’ from the main menu, select ‘Company Settings’, and then click on ‘Users’. This will display a list of all your users.
- Choose User: From the list of users, select the specific user whose status you want to change.
- Access Actions: Click on ‘Actions’ on the user overview for the chosen user.
- Change Status: From the dropdown menu, select either ‘Activate’ or ‘Deactivate’ depending on your needs.
Please note that inactive users still count towards your user count, which is important if you’re paying per user. To avoid charges for inactive users, you may consider deleting their accounts or switching to the unlimited users plan.
Benefits and Use Cases
- Managing Absences: If a user is temporarily absent, deactivating their account can ensure they are not assigned jobs during this period.
- Onboarding Process: For new hires, you might initially keep their status as inactive until they complete their onboarding process. This allows them to get accustomed to the system without being assigned any jobs.
- Cost Efficiency: By deleting inactive users or moving to an unlimited user plan, you can better manage costs associated with per-user billing.
Remember, always communicate any status changes to the respective users to avoid confusion and maintain transparency.
To stay updated, please subscribe to our YouTube channel.