Square API Integration
- If you already have a square developer account, please login to your account through https://squareup.com/login?lang_code=en-US&return_to=%2Fsignup%2Fus%3Flang_code%3Den-US%26v%3Ddevelopers
- If you don’t already have an account, you can sign up for free through their signup page https://squareup.com/signup?v=developers
- Once logged in, create a new application in Square through https://developer.squareup.com/apps
- Click the New Application button.
- Enter your Application Name, the Application Name will appear in your Square Dashboard for yourself and for any merchants using your application. We recommend entering your business name or trading name.
- Click the Create Application button.
- Click the Sandbox Settings switch button on the bottom left corner of the application page and switch it to Production Settings.
Go to your OctopusPro account to fill your application information.
- Login to your OctopusPro account: https://admin.octopuspro.com/login
- From the left menu, go to Settings > Financial Settings > Payment Integration.
- Select Square from the list of payment gateways available.
- Enter the following values which you can get from your Square account– Application ID
– Location ID
– Personal Access Token
- To get your parameters required in OctopusPro system back to your application created in Square from this link: https://developer.squareup.com/apps
- Open the application you created in Square by clicking the View Details link.
- Copy the Application ID and paste it in your Square settings in your OctopusPro account.
- In the Personal Access Token field, click the Show link then copy the Personal Access token and paste it in your Square settings in your OctopusPro account.
- To get the Location ID, click on the Locations tab.
- Copy Location ID and paste it in your Square settings in your OctopusPro account.
- Once done, copy and paste the parameters required into your OctopusPro account and click the save button.
Connect your Point of Sale API
Now you have to set up the API connection with your Square application, in order to get started, go back to the application you created in Square:
- Click the Point of Sale API link on the menu and fill in all required parameters.
- Under iOS App Bundle IDs, paste the following: com.octopuspro
- Under iOS App URL Schemes, paste the following: OctopusPro
- Click the Add New Android Package button.
- Under Package Name, paste the following: au.octopuspro.app
- Under Fingerprint, paste the following: c6:27:ea:90:a9:f6:a2:1c:1f:e3:f4:73:30:cd:24:32:a8:07:6e:89
- After filling in all information click the save button.
Note: If you are using a custom branded app please contact us.
Install Square on your mobile device for your fieldworkers
- Install the Square Point of Sale App on your device using one of the links below
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.squareup
- Login to your Square account. You are now all set up!
Note: You must be logged into the Square app on the same device to be able to process payments through the OctopusPro app.
How do I charge my customers?
- From the web: You and your office staff can add payment to any open invoice from your account by clicking the Add Payment link under the Actions button.
- From the app: When your fieldworkers need to charge a client, they simply go the OctopusPro app, then go to the client’s booking or invoice page, then press the billing tab and click the Payment button.
- Your customers will also be able to pay their invoices through the customer portal or through the payment link you email them with the invoice.
- Click the SUBMIT button, The Square app will open to continue to make payment.
- Now select the payment method from the list of options.
- Enter the amount then click to the Tender button.
- Press No Receipt or enter an email if you wish to email it. You can also email the receipt from the OctopusPro app later. You will then be directed to the Thank you page in Square after submitting the payment.
- Now the Square app will redirect you automatically to the OctopusPro app to register the payment in OctopusPro.
- That’s basically it! Your office users can also charge your clients through your web portal and your customers can pay for their bookings through your customer portal seamlessly without the need to install the Square app.