Edit a customer’s details
You can make changes to your customer data that is already in the system. It is critical to keep a customer’s information updated so that they may be contacted and the booking information is right for the fieldworker.
Table of contents
- Editing customers’ personal details or business details through their profiles
- Editing a customer’s details through their bookings, estimates, quotes, invoices, or complaints
Editing customers’ personal details through their profiles
You can modify the customer’s information from their profiles. Go to Customer > All Customers. It will display a list of customers stored in the system, then you have to review the customer profile you want to edit. If necessary, you can use the search bar to look for a certain customer from the top right corner of the page.
Click on the button and a drop-down menu will appear so you can select to view the customer’s profile.
From the customer information section, click on the Edit icon.
A pop-up window will appear.
Editing the auto-filling customer contact details from the profile
If your customers have their contact details saved in their profiles, like their first name, last name, email address, phone number, and more saved in their profiles, it will appear automatically, and you do not need to enter their details again when scheduling a new booking, as it will automatically fill in instantly in the customer’s data. It’s also available for your bookings, inquiries, estimates, invoices, quotes, and complaints. You can also add an additional customer’s contact.
You can easily modify the existing data of the selected customer. You will also be able to add, edit, or remove any details you wish.
To edit the customer’s general information, the following details may be edited according to the guidelines below.
- First Name: You can change the customer’s first name.
- Last Name: You have the option to edit the customer’s last name.
- Phone: you can modify or add the customer’s phone number. Also, including the area code is required. There is no need to enter dashes. You can enter multiple contact numbers.
- Mobile: The customer’s mobile phone number, including area code. You do not need to include dashes.
- Fax: The customer’s fax number
- Email: the customer’s email address This email address can also be used by the customer to receive emails from your business.
Also, you can edit the customer’s billing address:
- Address: Enter the customer’s street address, then provide your unit number, address line, and customer’s billing address postal or zip code.
- Town/City : The customer’s address city.
- Country: The customer’s address country is selected from the drop-down list.
- State/Region: The customer’s address state or province is selected from the drop-down list.
- Click the “Save” button at the end of their profile.
You can view and edit your customer’s business details. To edit a customer’s business details, navigate to the top of the page. Selecting the business type first allows you to fill up the text box with the business name that you want to enter, followed by selecting the trading name from the drop-down option. To learn more about adding the trade name, click here.
Editing a customer’s details through their bookings, estimates, quotes, invoices, or complaints
You can select one of the following: booking, inquiry, quote, invoice, or complaint search. The same pop-up window will appear to edit your customer’s profile and will follow the exact same process if you select a quote, invoice, complaint, and customer.
So you can go to the “All Bookings” page, for example. Select the booking that you want, and then click on the “Edit” icon located near the customer’s name to make the adjustments for your customer.
You can view the customer’s profile by hovering the mouse pointer over their name. Then you will be redirected to the customer’s details page so you can click on the edit icon. To learn more about how to edit your customer’s profile, navigate to the top of the page.
For more information, please visit the Octopuspro user guide and subscribe to our YouTube channel.