Set up digital phone system
OctopusPro enables you to customize all communication settings. You can modify all the settings related to calls and SMS. The admins will be able to activate or deactivate sending SMS notifications. You can provide your fieldworkers and customers with the ability to communicate with each other using the company Twilio number or not.
OctopusPro offers you the choice to buy a Twilio number so that all your fieldworkers and customers can communicate using your Twilio company number. All your fieldworkers can use this number to communicate with your customers instead of using their own. All your customers can use this number to communicate easily with any of your staff members.
By getting a Twilio number, all communication buttons will be activated in your company account in OctopusPro and in the OctopusPro apps as well. Through your company account in OctopusPro, you will be able to send SMS to your fieldworkers and customers. In addition, fieldworkers can communicate with customers and vice versa, either through the app or their accounts on the web.
For admins, all communication buttons will be activated directly once they get the number, while for fieldworkers and customers, an admin can decide whether to activate or deactivate communication buttons for them.
To buy a Twilio number, please email us at [email protected]; and we can buy you a Twilio number from our main Twilio account by creating a sub-account for you. All you have to do to get a Twilio number is to inform us by email and we can take all the steps from our side so you can get a number. OctopusPro does not charge you any extra budget for getting a Twilio number; you only pay the cost of all calls and SMS for Twilio according to their pricing terms. The cost of the calls and SMS will be attached to your monthly invoice.
For example, if you run a beauty care business, as an admin you want to communicate with your fieldworkers or customers, so Twilio will facilitate the process since you don’t have to call or send SMS from your phone number. If the booking status is to do and the fieldworker or customer is on his way in this case they can call or send an SMS to each other.
Admins can customize all communication settings related to their fieldworkers and customers either through the app or the web. You can decide whether you want to grant them the ability to communicate using your company Twilio number or not.
Table of Contents:
- How do admin users customize the settings of the digital phone system on the web?
- How do admin users set up the settings of the digital phone system through the web?
- How do admin users contact customers and fieldworkers via SMS, phone calls, or emails?
- How do admin users send bookings via SMS to fieldworkers and customers?
- How do admin users send invoices via SMS to customers?
- How do admin users send SMS notifications to customers?
- Steps for how fieldworkers can get the advantage of having a Twilio number
How do admin users customize the settings of the digital phone system on the web?
Go to Settings > Company Settings
1. Select users from the drop-down list.
2. Click on the Roles tab.
3. Click on Assign Credentials for fieldworker.
4. Go to Permissions for SMS and Permissions for calls; to activate them, simply click on them. If you deactivate them, fieldworkers will no longer be able to communicate with customers through their accounts on the web.
5. Press Save.
To customize these settings in OctopusPro app for fieldworkers and customers:
- Click on Communication from the sidebar menu.
- Choose Digital Phone System.
- Activate or deactivate the flags of Using Digital Phone System For Fieldworker or Customer.
The following PrintScreen doesn’t appear for you unless you’ve already bought a Twilio number :
How do admin users set up the settings of the digital phone system through the web?
- Twilio phone number is the number that the admins use for calls and you can get it from the Twilio website.
- Forward to: when an incoming call is missed or unanswered or no admin is logged in and connected, forward call to ( Twilio voicemail. External business number or My OctopusPro app)
- If you want the general fieldworker to also receive incoming calls, you can simply turn the toggle to disable the feature in order to prevent the fieldworker from receiving the calls.
- Call recording: you have the option to record all calls made through your Twilio number at an extra cost. Twilio gives you a few options explained Below:
- No Recording: Selecting this option will not record any calls made through your Twilio.
- When ringing starts: If you want to record calls from the moment the ringing starts.
- When the call is answered: this means that when the customer calls your business the recording will start when someone answers the phone call.
- When the dual ringing starts: You should know that dual call recording is a dual-channel recording that allows you to obtain a recording of your call with two distinct channels: a customer caller and an agent channel, by selecting that option the recording will start when the dual call starts to ring before the third agent answers the phone call.
- When the dual call is answered: If you select this option the recording will start when the third party or the agent answers the phone.
- Time out: Specifying a timeout will set the limit in seconds that the caller will wait for the dialled party to answer the call. This tells Twilio how long to let the call ring before giving up and setting no-answer as the DialCallSrarus. Timeout’s default value is 30 seconds, the minimum allowed value is five seconds, and the maximum value is 600 seconds. if you have voicemail set up on your Twilio account the call will be forwarded to your voice after the timeout limit has been reached, for example, setting the timeout to 15 seconds means callers will hear the phone ringing for 15 seconds, after which your voicemail message will be played. Twilio always adds a five-second timeout buffer to your dial, so if you enter a timeout value of 10 seconds, you will see an actual timeout closer to 15 seconds
- Forward missed calls to When an incoming call is missed, unanswered or no admin users are logged into the app, you can choose between forwarding the call to your Twilio voicemail or to your external business number.
If the admin select the forward missed calls to an external business number
- Enter the number of the external business
- Call recording select from the drop-down menu
- Time out: Specifying a timeout will set the limit in seconds that the caller will wait for the dialled party to answer the call.
- Voicemail type: you can select from the dropdown menu “ Text message or Audio file (mp3)”
- Text message: Enter a short written message then select the gender voice used when playing your voice message “Male, Female or Robotic voice “ also you can select the language “English, German or French”
- Audio file (mp3): You can easily attach the required audio file
- Voicemail message: If you want to allow your customers to leave you a voicemail message after listening to your voicemail recording, then you have to enable this flag.
- Enable fieldworkers through the app: if enabled, your fieldworkers will be able to make voice calls and send SMS messages to your customers using your own Twilio phone number. Voice calls made by your fieldworkers through the app can also be recorded for you to listen to in the future and the call log and duration can be visible from the calls log page in the dashboard. If disabled, your fieldworkers will still be able to make voice calls and send SMS messages to your customers but use their own phone number, which will be the number that is shown to customers when they receive a call. Voice calls made by your fieldworkers through the app can’t be recorded in this case.
Steps for how office admins can get the advantage of having a Twilio number:
Admins will be able to communicate with fieldworkers and customers via SMS, send bookings via SMS to fieldworkers and customers, send invoices via SMS to customers, and send SMS notifications to customers.
How do admin users contact customers and fieldworkers via SMS, phone calls, or emails?
- Go to Bookings.
- Select All Bookings.
- Press Contact under the name of the fieldworker or the customer you want to contact or click on view profile
When you move the pointer using the mouse either on the customer or the fieldworker a pop-up window will appear so that you can send an email, SMS, chat, or phone call to facilitate the communication.
- You can easily get in touch with contact directly through :
- Email icon: a popup window will appear to start writing an email.
- Call button: you can select a regular call or a VoIP call to make a phone call to the customer or the fieldworker from the application.
- The Chat button is to engage with the customers or fieldworkers through posting comments and it’s possible to upload files.
- SMS: you can easily send a message or insert an image to the customers or the fieldworkers.
You can contact your customers or fieldworkers that you have on your list.
To contact your fieldworkers:
- Click on Fieldworkers from the sidebar menu > Move the pointer using the mouse on the fieldworker you want to contact then select the required communication channel.
2. You can send SMS to all or some of your fieldworkers by clicking on Send SMS To Fieldworkers.
To contact your customers:
Click on Customers > Click on All Customers > Select the name of the customer you want to contact.
You can view the profile of the required customer then click on SMS at the top right of the page
How do admin users send bookings via SMS to fieldworkers and customers?
- Click on Bookings > All Bookings.
- Select the booking you want >view the booking.
- Click on “Customer or Fieldworker” at the top right of the page.
- From the drop-down list, choose to Send Booking SMS.
How do admin users send invoices via SMS to customers?
- Click on Invoices > All Invoices.
- Click on the invoice you want then view the required invoice.
- Click on SMS at the top right of the page.
- From the drop-down list, select send SMS Invoice.
How do admin users send SMS notifications to customers?
The OctopusPro app allows your fieldworkers to inform customers when they are on their way to their booking.
- Click on Settings > General Settings > Fieldworker Permissions.
- Deactivate the flag related to sending SMS to customers.
Steps for how fieldworkers can get the advantage of having a Twilio number
- Fieldworkers can send SMS to customers:
Fieldworkers can communicate with customers via SMS, but they cannot make any calls from the web. Calls can be done only through the app. To do so, fieldworkers can follow the following steps from their accounts on the web to send SMS to customers:
- Go to Bookings > Select All Bookings.
- Press Contact under the name of the customer you want to contact.
- Select Send SMS or Call from the drop-down list.
It’s shown as following from the fieldworker’s web view:
From the app view the fieldworker can easily communicate with the customer using SMS:
2. Fieldworkers can send invoices via SMS to customers:
- Click on Invoices > All Invoices.
- Select the SMS Invoice icon
It’s shown as the following when the fieldworkers click on the SMS icon the pop-up window will appear so that you can send the wanted message.
From the app view, fieldworkers can:
1. Call customers:
Through the OctopusPro fieldworkers app view, fieldworkers can call customers and admins as well
- Click on Bookings >All Bookings select the booking you want
- Click on the customer name under Contact Info.
3. Fieldworkers have the opportunity to communicate with the customers easily either through using phone calls or SMS.
4. Press Phone Icon to call the customer.
2. Call admins:
- Click on Messages at the end of the screen.
- Tap to start a new chat.
Press on the Call icon at the top right of the screen to call office admins.