Customizing and White Labelling Your Customer Portal URL
OctopusPro’s Domain White Labelling is a powerful add-on feature that allows your business to establish a seamless online identity by integrating your brand directly into your customer portal’s URL. Instead of directing your customers to a generic OctopusPro URL (booking.octopuspro.com), you can now guide them to a subdomain that is directly tied to your business. For instance, if you own a website called mywebsite.com, you can create a subdomain like booking.mywebsite.com.
This feature helps keep your brand name consistent across all customer touchpoints, significantly enhancing your customers’ experience, boosting your credibility and making it easier for customers to connect with your business.
For example, if you operate a cleaning service called End of Lease Bond Cleaning, instead of directing your clients to the generic OctopusPro URL, you can guide them to booking.endofleasebondcleaning.com.au. This not only keeps your brand name front and center but also simplifies the booking process for your clients.
For a business such as Zenin Massage, a subdomain like booking.zenin.com.au immediately positions your brand at the forefront, offering a sense of familiarity for your clients.
- Unified Online Presence: Using your own subdomain instead of the default OctopusPro domain (booking.octopuspro.com) streamlines your digital presence. With your brand evident in the URL, customers can quickly identify and remember your portal.
- Improved Credibility and Trust: A unique subdomain increases your brand credibility and reinforces customer trust, as it signals a commitment to professionalism and quality.
- Improved SEO: Having your own branded subdomain can also provide SEO benefits, helping improve your search engine visibility, and therefore potentially driving more organic traffic to your booking portal.
Pricing and Support
Implementing a custom subdomain with the Domain White Labelling feature does incur additional charges. However, the improved customer experience, enhanced brand visibility, and potential increase in bookings offer a substantial return on investment. You can find detailed pricing information in the extra charges section on the pricing page at https://www.octopuspro.com/pricing.
Viewing and Editing Your Portal URL
- Go to Settings > Customer Portal > General Settings. This will redirect you to the customer portal general settings page.
- Click on “Portal URL“ if you want to view your customer portal prior to customization.
Editing Your Customer Portal Username in the URL
The portal username in the URL is a unique identifier for your business. By customizing this, you can make your URL more branded and aligned with your business identity.
- Click on “Edit Portal Username”.
- Enter your preferred portal name in the designated box.
- Click on “Save”.
Editing Your Customer Portal Domain Name in the URL
This step allows you to fully white-label your customer portal URL and use your own website domain name, making your business appear more professional while keeping customers under your own website domain name.
- Click on “Edit Domain Name in URL”.
- Decide to use a subdomain that points to your customer portal.
- Login to your domain host account to create a new subdomain. This could be booking.yourdomain.com or another variation that suits your business.
- To create a new subdomain, create a new CNAME record with your chosen keyword (e.g., ‘booking’ or ‘portal’), and set it to point to one of the following subdomains based on your region: us.octopuspro.com, eu.octopuspro.com, au.octopuspro.com.
Should you encounter difficulties or need assistance in setting up the subdomain, it’s recommended to contact your domain host or website administrator. Popular domain hosts include GoDaddy, Google Domains, Domain.com, Bluehost, HostGator, Namecheap, DreamHost, Shopify, and BuyDomains.
Remember to inform us once you have made these changes so that our server engineers can configure our servers accordingly. The changes may take up to 48 hours to propagate across the internet.
Also, it’s important to note that if you are not comfortable making these changes yourself, you should contact your website administrator or your domain hosting provider’s customer support. They can guide you through the process or make the necessary changes on your behalf.
Integrating Your Customer Portal with Your Website
After setting up and customizing your portal URL, you can integrate it into your existing website. This will help provide a seamless experience to your customers and strengthen your brand consistency.
- Create a link or a button on your website that links to your customer portal, such as a “Book Now” button that links to your customer portal URL.
Costs Associated with Using Your Website Domain Name in the Customer Portal URL
There is an additional cost for using your own domain in your customer portal URL. For a breakdown of these charges, please refer to the extra charges section on the pricing page at https://www.octopuspro.com/pricing.
To integrate your domain name into your customer portal URL, you will need to login to your domain host account and edit the DNS records for your domain. If you are unsure about this process, it is recommended to contact your domain host or website administrator.
Don’t forget to inform us once this is complete, so our server engineers can configure our servers before the changes can take effect.
Always remember to check the changes with your team and customers to ensure they are comfortable and understand the new setup. These changes should be communicated clearly, and users should be provided with any necessary support during the transition. Your customer portal is a valuable touchpoint for your customers, and its success depends on how effectively it meets their needs.
To stay updated, please subscribe to our YouTube channel.