Integrate an Existing Mailing List
OctopusPro allows you to integrate your account with external providers to help you smooth your business processes.
The list of content:
The meaning of API integration
(API) stands for An Application Programming Interface, which refers to the interface of the communication process between two or more software applications.
The mailing list in Mailchimp
Mailchimp is a platform that provides different services to its customers. One of the services of Mailchimp is to create your email list and grow it through multiple methods so the marketing emails and the correspondences with the customers can be sent easily and efficiently.
Integrating the email list in OctopusPro with Mailchimp
If you have an existing email list in your OctopusPro account, you can use the same email list through your Mailchimp account by exporting the list from your OctopusPro account to the Mailchimp account.
The benefits of integrating your mail list in OctopusPro account with Mailchimp
- Using the same email list in both your OctopusPro account and Mailchimp account will make you able to proceed with your communications and your marketing email campaigns seamlessly by contacting all your customers and partners.
- Integrating your mailing list in your OctopusPro account and Mailchimp account saves your time as you don’t have to create a new email list for each platform.
- You can share your business updates with your customers, send any important information and keep in touch with all your contacts.
How to integrate with Mailchimp
You should create an active Mailchimp account first before starting the integration process.
- Login to your Mailchimp account.
- To complete setting up your integration, you will need to create an API key which is a unique set of numbers and letters.
- For more information about how to generate your API from your Mailchimp account, visit http://kb.mailchimp.com/integrations/api-integrations/about-api-keys
- After creating the API key, copy it and refer back to your OctopusPro account.
- From the side menu on your OctopusPro account, go to Settings> Company settings> Integrations
- Click on “New Developer Integrations” and select “Mailchimp”
- Add the copied API key to the “Parameter Value” field and press save.
- Once the MailChimp API key is saved in your OctopusPro account, you will be able to sync the added email lists with MailChimp by navigating to Settings> Communications> Mailing Lists
- You’ll be redirected to the “Mailing Lists Settings” page, click on “Mailing lists”.
The page that contains all the existing mailing lists will appear.
- Click on the “Sync emails to Mailchimp” button next to the mailing list that you need to export to Mailchimp.