Managing Fieldworker Payroll & Earnings
OctopusPro simplifies fieldworker payroll management with automated, accurate tracking and secure, timely payouts. This all-encompassing platform, equipped with real-time tools, streamlines remuneration, offering adaptability to manage individual pay rates and assignments. With transparent access for fieldworkers to review their shares, managing payments becomes a breeze.
This guide navigates through its key functionalities, from filtering reports to reflect your desired data, taking actions like editing invoice details and emailing reports, to the versatility of exporting reports in multiple, globally recognized formats.
Moreover, the integration of OctopusPro with popular accounting software like Xero and QuickBooks is discussed. Providing step-by-step instructions, whether you aim to synchronize your data or import reports, the process is made efficient and uncomplicated.
Take charge of your fieldworkers’ payments with OctopusPro’s unmatched precision and adaptability. Adjust and customize payment rates per booking and manage shares effortlessly when multiple fieldworkers are assigned. Our software even allows post-completion payment amendments, underlining the focus on transparency and control. With OctopusPro, your payroll management is made efficient, flexible, and straightforward.
- Efficiency: OctopusPro drastically reduces the time and effort spent on manual calculations and administrative tasks related to payroll. This results in a streamlined process that frees up resources for other essential business activities.
- Flexibility: The system allows setting up different payment structures, such as hourly rates or commissions. This flexibility caters to businesses with diverse operational models, allowing them to tailor the system to their unique needs.
- Transparency: Fieldworkers can view their earnings directly through the fieldworker app. This transparency promotes trust and goodwill, which can lead to improved job satisfaction and worker retention.
- Accuracy: With pre-set amounts, shares, or commissions for products used in bookings, you can ensure accurate and fair compensation. You can also adjust these values manually per booking, if necessary.
- Automated and Accurate Payroll: Our system thrives on automation and precision, efficiently tracking hours, calculating payments, and ensuring secure, punctual payouts. Gain the ability to view and modify payment agreements in each fieldworker’s profile, customizing their share for each individual booking.
- Effortless Multi-fieldworker Payment Shares Management: Managing payment shares when multiple fieldworkers are involved has never been easier. OctopusPro enables flexible allocation of pay rates, customizable to suit your business needs. You can even amend payments post-completion of a job for ultimate control.
- Fieldworker Earnings Insight: OctopusPro offers various avenues for viewing fieldworker earnings. Navigate to the Quote or Invoice details for a snapshot of the fieldworker’s share, or empower your fieldworkers with their own view of earnings through the dedicated OctopusPro Fieldworker App. Transparency is at the forefront, fostering trust between your business and your fieldworkers.
- In-Depth Reporting: With our “Payment to Fieldworkers Report,” gain an intricate view of all payments made to fieldworkers, including an itemized breakdown of individual booking payments. Your reports are just a few clicks away from being edited, deleted, or emailed directly to the necessary recipients.
- Export Capabilities: Export your reports into various formats that align with banking standards globally. Whether for offline viewing, deeper analysis, or meeting compliance requirements, our export feature offers ultimate flexibility.
- Integration with Accounting Software: We support seamless syncing and importing of your reports with popular accounting software such as QuickBooks and Xero. This function significantly simplifies your accounting processes, enabling you to leverage your data efficiently and effectively.
Use Cases and Functions
- Invoice Page Viewing: Admins can view a fieldworker’s share from the invoice page, enhancing their ability to manage finances directly from invoices.
- Earnings Viewing in Fieldworker App: Fieldworkers can easily access their total earnings on the fieldworker app, divided into weekly, monthly, and yearly views. This enables them to monitor their income, fostering transparency.
- Product Share Calculation: OctopusPro enables admins to pre-set the fieldworker’s share for products used in bookings based on various payment structures. This share can be manually adjusted for each booking and can be set at a service level, which is particularly useful if a booking includes multiple services or different fieldworkers.
- Product Source Consideration: The system also considers whether the fieldworker or the company provided the product. This distinction influences how the fieldworker’s share for the product is calculated, ensuring fairness and accuracy.
- Product Addition: Admins have the flexibility to add products when creating a booking manually. They can also enable fieldworkers to add products to bookings upon check-in or job completion.
- Pay Structure Setting: Admins can set payment structures at both the fieldworker level and the service level. This includes base commission rates, upsale commission rates, and different hourly rates depending on the working hours scheme applied.
- Company Share Calculation: The system enables admins to calculate the company’s share when a product is added to a booking. It factors in whether the product was supplied by the fieldworker or the company, providing accurate profit calculations.
Overall, OctopusPro’s fieldworker payroll management feature offers a comprehensive, flexible, and transparent system for managing fieldworker compensation, leading to more efficient operations and happier, more satisfied fieldworkers.
Setting Up Fieldworker Earnings
- Individual Fieldworker Earnings Setup: To adjust earnings for each fieldworker, go to the Fieldworkers section in your dashboard. Click on the desired fieldworker’s profile. Then access the “Payment Agreement” under the “Personal Details” section. Here, you can set the preferred payment structure – whether it be an hourly rate or a commission. You also have the freedom to adjust the rates, creating a flexible system that accommodates your business operations.
- Service Level Earnings Setup: If you want to set earnings based on the type of service rendered, navigate to Settings > Services Settings > Services. Select the service for which you wish to set the earnings, and click on ‘Edit’. Now navigate to the ‘Cost & Payrate’ section and then ‘Service pay rates’. Here you can choose your preferred payment structure and define the rates accordingly.
Viewing Fieldworker Earnings
There are multiple avenues to view fieldworker earnings, depending on your preferred workflow:
- From the Booking Details Page: Navigate to Bookings > All Bookings, select the booking that interests you, and click on the “View” button. Within the booking details page, you’ll find a dedicated section detailing the fieldworker’s share for that specific booking. This offers a convenient way to access and review the earnings associated with each individual booking.
- From the Quote Details Page: To view earnings during the pre-service stage, navigate to Quotes > All Quotes. Select the quote of interest and click on the “View Quote” option from the actions button. This will lead you to a detailed quote page where you’ll find a specific section outlining the fieldworker’s share for that particular quote.
- From the Invoice Page: For a post-service view of the earnings, navigate to Invoices > All Invoices. Choose the invoice of interest and click on the “View Invoice” button. Here, the fieldworker’s share is prominently displayed as part of the invoice details.
- From the Fieldworker App: Fieldworkers have the ability to monitor their earnings through the dedicated OctopusPro Fieldworker App. By accessing the “My Earnings” option from the app’s menu, they can view their total earnings. Additionally, they can visit each individual booking or booking request page to see their share for that specific job. This granular visibility empowers fieldworkers to manage their income more effectively, providing insights on a per-booking basis.
Note: Ensure the “Display fieldworker earnings for bookings” setting is enabled in the Fieldworkers Permissions section (Settings > General Settings > Fieldworkers Permissions) to allow fieldworkers access to their earnings information.
Calculating Fieldworker Earnings for Products
As an admin user, you can pre-set the share of payment, or commission, fieldworkers receive for the cost of products used in their bookings. This share can be manually adjusted for each booking and can also be defined at the service level. This flexibility proves to be useful for bookings that include multiple services assigned to different fieldworkers, or when different payment rates are offered to fieldworkers for different services.
The calculation of the fieldworker share is also influenced by who provides the product. If the product is supplied by the fieldworker, the share is calculated from the product’s total price. However, if the product is provided by the company, the fieldworker’s share is calculated from the total markup.
As an admin, you can also choose to add products while creating a booking or enable fieldworkers to add products upon check-in or after the job completion. The added products will influence the service price based on the cost and markup set for each product.
Adjusting Fieldworker Earnings for Products
- Product supplied by fieldworker: If the product used in a service is supplied by the fieldworker, the fieldworker’s share is calculated from the Cost and the product’s Markup.
- Product supplied by the company: If the product is provided by the company, the fieldworker’s share is calculated purely from the Markup of the product.
To view the total fieldworker share, including their share from the product used, navigate to the booking view page and scroll down to the “Payment to Fieldworker” section.
Fieldworker Earnings & Payroll Reports
Managing a mobile workforce requires diligent tracking and analysis of various factors, including performance, earnings, payments, and more. This is where OctopusPro’s comprehensive suite of reports comes into play, providing critical insights and detailed overviews that help you streamline your operations and financial processes.
Our reports are designed with flexibility and depth, allowing you to filter data based on various parameters for personalized insights. Whether you’re evaluating the productivity of your fieldworkers or keeping track of financial transactions, OctopusPro’s reports give you the tools to make data-driven decisions for your business.
In the following sections, we’ll guide you through two key reports that can transform how you manage your fieldworker’s earnings – the Fieldworker Bookings Summary Report and the Payment to Fieldworkers Report. These reports not only support you in monitoring individual performance and earnings but also assist in maintaining transparency with your fieldworkers. Let’s dive in and explore how these reports can add value to your earnings management process.
Fieldworker Bookings Summary Report
The Fieldworker Bookings Summary report in OctopusPro provides a detailed breakdown of each fieldworker’s activity, booking status, and payment status, offering valuable insights into the fieldworker’s performance and earnings. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to access and utilize this report:
Access the Report: From your OctopusPro dashboard, navigate to the Reports > Fieldworker Reports > Fieldworkers Bookings Summary.
Filtering Options: You can filter data based on the following options:
- Trading Name: This allows you to segregate data for different trading entities or brands under your company.
- Fieldworker Status: You can view data for active fieldworkers only, or include those who are inactive.
- Fieldworker Name: View data specific to a particular fieldworker.
- Fieldworker Payment Status: You can select to view bookings for which the payment status is either ‘Unpaid to fieldworker’ or ‘Paid to fieldworker’.
- Booking Payment Status: This allows you to filter data based on whether the customer has paid for the booking.
- Customer Invoice Number: This option enables you to locate specific bookings using the invoice number.
- Booking Status: You can filter bookings based on their status – ‘Completed’, ‘In Progress’, or ‘Failed’.
- Start Date and End Date: You can view data for a specific time period.
Export Options: For further analysis and record-keeping, you can export the filtered data to either Excel (.xls) or CSV (.csv) formats.
Payment and Invoicing Features: The Fieldworker Bookings Summary Report not only provides detailed data but also allows you to manage payments and invoices efficiently:
- Save as Paid: Once you’ve received payment from a fieldworker, you can select the relevant bookings from the list and mark them as ‘Paid’. This helps keep your records updated and accurate.
- Assign Invoice: You can associate specific bookings with a particular invoice. This can be especially helpful when multiple bookings are linked to a single payment.
- Calculate Selected Invoices: You have the option to calculate the total for only the selected invoices. This way, you can exclude those bookings that you do not wish to include in the total at a particular time.
- Modify Invoice Reference Number: Each payment made to a fieldworker is associated with an invoice reference number. This is different from the customer’s invoice number and can be modified as per your needs. This feature adds another layer of flexibility to your financial management process.
The Fieldworker Bookings Summary Report, with its wide range of features, serves as a critical tool for managing your fieldworker earnings effectively. By giving you control over a vast amount of data and facilitating easy management of payments and invoices, it ensures that your operations run smoothly and efficiently.
Payment to Fieldworkers Report
The Payment to Fieldworkers report is a comprehensive report that provides a detailed overview of all payments made to the fieldworkers. This report helps keep track of the financial transactions and helps maintain transparency with your fieldworkers.
Access the Report: From your left menu, navigate to the ‘Reports’ tab. From the drop-down list, select ‘Payment Reports’, then ‘Payment to Fieldworkers’.
Filtering Options: You can filter the payment data based on the following criteria:
- Technician Status: This allows you to view data for active or inactive technicians.
- Technician Name: You can focus on payments made to a specific fieldworker.
- State: Filter the data based on the geographical location of your fieldworkers.
- Date Range: The date filtering offers high flexibility. You can choose between preset ranges such as ‘Today’, ‘This week’, ‘This month’, ‘This quarter’, ‘This year’, ‘Yesterday’, ‘Previous week’, ‘Previous month’, ‘Previous quarter’, ‘Previous year’, or select a custom range.
Understanding the Report: The report provides various details for each payment:
- Invoice Number (INV#): The specific invoice number associated with the payment.
- Number of Bookings: The total number of bookings associated with the payment.
- Fieldworker: The name of the fieldworker to whom the payment was made.
- Date of Payment: The specific date when the payment was processed.
- Reference#: The specific reference number associated with the payment.
- Invoice Total Amount: The total amount on the invoice associated with the payment.
- Bank Transfer To Fieldworker: The total amount transferred to the fieldworker’s bank account.
- Cash Received by Fieldworker: The amount received by the fieldworker in cash.
- Amount Due: The outstanding amount that is still due to the fieldworker.
- Invoice Total Amount (Calculated): The calculated total amount on the invoice.
- Amount Due (Calculated): The calculated outstanding amount due to the fieldworker.
- Description: Additional information or comments about the payment.
Both the Fieldworker Booking Summary Report and the Payment to Fieldworkers Report in OctopusPro offer a detailed view for each invoice. By clicking on an invoice number, you can see a breakdown of all jobs and bookings included in that particular invoice. This feature allows you to assess the individual components of an invoice at a glance, enhancing your understanding of each fieldworker’s activities and earnings.
Exporting the Report: OctopusPro’s functionality extends beyond the online platform, providing you the option to export the Payment to Fieldworkers report. This ensures flexibility and convenience in data management, allowing you to utilize your data offline, perform detailed analysis, or integrate it with other financial systems as needed.
Export as .CSV: A universal format, the .CSV (Comma Separated Values) allows easy importation into various data analysis programs and spreadsheet software like Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets. This facilitates effortless data manipulation, sharing, and storage.
Exporting Report for Bulk Payment Processing: Enhance your efficiency in managing bulk payments to fieldworkers by leveraging various banking-compatible formats. Catering to diverse global requirements, OctopusPro offers a variety of internationally recognized export formats. Your choice may depend on geographic location or specific banking requisites. The list of supported formats include:
- .ABA: Mainly utilized in Australia for bulk payments and direct debits.
- .NACHA: A standard in the U.S for managing electronic payments and transfers through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network.
- Bacs format: Employed in the U.K for direct debits and direct deposits.
- .005 format: A Canadian Payments Association (CPA) standard for electronic fund transfers.
- SEPA XML: The go-to format for credit transfers in the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), including the Eurozone.
Exporting Process: Exporting the Payment to Fieldworkers report is a breeze with OctopusPro. Just follow these steps:
- Locate the ‘Export’ button at the top right corner of the report page.
- Click the ‘Export’ button.
- Choose your desired format from the dropdown menu (.ABA, .CSV, etc.).
- Save the file to a preferred location on your system.
OctopusPro’s exporting capability provides an indispensable tool for leveraging your fieldworker payment data outside the platform. Whether it’s for accounting, record keeping, or deep financial analysis, this feature ensures you have full dominion over your data and its applications.
Editing Paid Fieldworker Earnings Invoices: To make modifications to an invoice’s payment details or attachments, you can utilize the ‘Edit’ action. When you click ‘Edit’ for any invoice in either of the reports, OctopusPro navigates you to a detailed page where you can alter the existing information or add new data. This flexibility allows you to manage and update your invoices according to your dynamic business needs.
Deleting Fieldworker Earnings Invoices: If an invoice needs to be removed for any reason, OctopusPro allows you to do so with the ‘Delete’ action. This option permanently erases the chosen invoice from the system, so exercise caution and ensure you’re deleting the right data.
Emailing Fieldworker Earnings Reports: You can share the report’s details with fieldworkers or other stakeholders using the ‘Email report’ feature. By clicking this action, you can directly send a copy of the report, ensuring the recipients are updated about the concerned transactions.
In conclusion, OctopusPro offers a comprehensive set of actions that aid you in effectively managing your fieldworker earnings and payroll payments. Whether it’s gaining detailed insights, updating invoice information, removing obsolete data, or sharing updates, OctopusPro provides the tools to make these tasks seamless and efficient.
Synchronizing OctopusPro Reports with Accounting Software
Integrating OctopusPro data with your accounting software such as QuickBooks, Xero, and others that may be supported in the future can significantly simplify your accounting processes. Through proper integration, data from OctopusPro can be seamlessly transferred into your accounting software, improving your financial management and reporting.
To achieve successful synchronization, ensure that each booking and payment in OctopusPro corresponds with the respective entries in your accounting software. Here’s a detailed breakdown of the process:
- Fieldworker Booking Summary Report Synchronization: This report can be synced with the “Profit and Loss” or “Balance Sheet” reports in your accounting software, tracking revenue from each booking and payments made to fieldworkers.
- Payment to Fieldworkers Report Synchronization: This report can be synchronized with the “Expenses” report in your accounting software, tracking all payments made to fieldworkers.
Steps to Synchronize Reports
Follow these steps for a smooth data synchronization between OctopusPro and your accounting software:
- Integration: Confirm that your OctopusPro account is correctly integrated with your accounting software through the Integrations section in OctopusPro’s settings.
- Data Consistency: Verify that all necessary data fields in OctopusPro are accurately filled out.
- Data Synchronization: Once the data is consistent, navigate to the report you want to sync in OctopusPro and click on the “Sync” button. Choose the accounting software with which you want to synchronize.
- Data Verification: After synchronization, open the corresponding report in your accounting software to verify the accuracy of the data.
Importing OctopusPro Reports into Accounting Software
Importing OctopusPro reports into your accounting software is another effective way to leverage your data. This process provides a snapshot of data at a specific point in time and can be achieved as follows:
- Fieldworker Booking Summary Report Import: Import this report into the “Sales” or “Invoicing” section in your accounting software. Ensure that each booking in OctopusPro is associated with a corresponding invoice in your accounting software.
- Payment to Fieldworkers Report Import: Import this report into the “Expenses” or “Bills” section of your accounting software. Each fieldworker should be set up as a vendor/supplier in your accounting software.
Steps to Import Reports
To import your data, follow these steps:
- Export Data: Use the ‘Export’ function in OctopusPro to export your data into a CSV file.
- Format Data: Make sure the data is in the correct format for your accounting software. Different software have specific requirements for how CSV data must be formatted.
- Import Data: In your accounting software, go to the relevant section (Sales, Expenses, etc.), locate the “Import” button, and follow the instructions to import your data.
Ensure your data is accurate and consistently formatted for successful importing. Always refer to the latest guidance from the software provider, as the specifics of how to import data can vary between different versions of each software.
The Fieldworker Earnings Management feature of OctopusPro is designed to simplify and streamline the process of managing your fieldworkers’ earnings. It offers flexible and intuitive tools to cater to the varying needs of your business operations. Whether it’s adjusting earnings on an individual level or service level, or taking into account the costs of products used, OctopusPro provides all the necessary functions for an efficient earnings management system.
To stay updated, please subscribe to our YouTube channel.