Create a new form
Forms are a group of questions you can set up for your fieldworkers and your customers. Making these forms help you to follow up with your fieldworkers by demanding them to fill in forms of questions about their own jobs, and follow up with your customers by asking them to fill in forms of questions about their satisfaction on the job.
You can create different forms for your fieldworkers to be displayed at different occasions like when your fieldworkers check in the job (start the job) or check out the job (finish the job) or change their bookings status. You can also create forms of questions to appear always for your fieldworkers in their bookings.
You can choose when exactly to display these forms and who can see them. To create a new form:
- Go to Settings
- Select General Settings
- Click on Booking Settings
- Click on Forms page
- Press Create New to add a new form
6. Form name: Write the name of your form. For example: check in form, check out form, customer satisfaction form, on hold form, in progress form, or whatever name that you find suitable.
7. Visibility: Choose who would you like your form to be visible to. Choose one of the options.
8. When to display: Choose when to display this form. Five options to choose from here.
- Always display the form to appear in bookings, so your fieldworkers can check it.
- If the fieldworker checks in a job (starts a job) through OctopusPro app.
- If the fieldworker checks out a job (finishes a job) through OctopusPro app.
- If you want to see your customer satisfaction about a job.
- If the fieldworker changes the booking to another status.
If you choose Always displayed, then the form will appear in any new booking so the fieldworker who is assigned to this booking can check the questions of the form to fill in.
If you choose check in, then the form will appear when the fieldworker checks in the job, that is starts the job. If the booking is today, the fieldworker, through OctopusPro app, can choose one of four options: I’m on my way, I have arrived, start job, and finish job. If the fieldworker starts the job, then the form of check in will appear to the fieldworker to fill in. You can choose two options for the same form. For example you can make the same form of questions to appear for your fieldworkers when they check in and check out the job.
This screen shot shows an example of a form that appears to fieldworkers when they start a job through OctopusPro app.
If you choose check out, then the form will appear when the fieldworker chooses finish job through OctopusPro app.
This screen shot shows an example of a form that appears to fieldworkers when they finish a job through OctopusPro app.
If you choose customer satisfaction, then the form will appear when you activate sending emails to customers to make a review on the work. (You can activate that form automated procedure). So when the customer receives an email and presses REVIEW NOW, then the form you create to appear in customer satisfaction will appear then for the customer to fill. Here you have to assign this form to the service you want the form to be linked to.
This screen shot shows a sample of the email your customers receive to make a review.
This screen shot shows a sample of a customer satisfaction form.
If you choose change status, then the form will appear when the fieldworker changes the booking to another status. For example, you can create some questions to ask the fieldworker when the booking status is changed into on hold, or in progress or any status you want. Here you have to assign this form to the status you want the form to be linked to. So the form will appear to only the status or statuses that you choose here.
This screen shot shows a form that appears to fieldworkers when the booking is changed to failed
9. You can assign the form to a specific status so this form will not be displayed unless the booking is on that status. For example, if you create a form to be displayed when the booking is in progress, then you have to assign this form to that status so this form will appear to your fieldworkers if they only change the booking status into in progress. You can , for another example, make a form for your fieldworker to fill in if the booking status is changed into failed and assign this form to that status only.
10. You can also assign the form to one or more services so this form will not be displayed unless the booking is for these services. For example, if you create a form for your customers to ask about their satisfaction on a specific job, you have to assign this form to the service that you want to ask the customer about.
11. From Create new field, you can add the questions or the details to appear in the form.
12: Field: Write the question you want
13. Field Type: Choose the type of your question: (Date picker, dropdown, text field, etc) and enter the options to be displayed if the type contains different values to choose form
14: Mandatory: Decide if answering this question is mandatory or not
15: Show upload photos?: Decide if you want to activate uploading photos so your fieldworkers or customers can do so or not
16: Are photos mandatory?: Decide if you want uploading photos to be mandatory or not
17. Press Save
18. Press Create new field and repeat the same steps till you add all your questions