Service type preferences
Choose the types of services you want to receive
We’re excited to introduce the service type preference feature; a new app feature for activating and deactivating the types of service requests you’d like to receive.
As a result of this update, fieldworkers will be automatically opted in to receiving ALL eligible service types in the OctopusPro app, however these can be deactivated at any time.
If you are eligible for Floor Cleaning service requests but have previously opted out, you will be required to deactivate the Floor Cleaning service type if you do not want to receive these service type requests.
“I want to choose which types of service requests to receive”
With the new service type preference feature, you can select the type of requests you’d like to receive.
To modify the service types you would like to receive for a booking, follow these steps:
1.Select the menu icon in the top-left corner of your screen.
2. Select the fieldworkers name located at the top of the side menu.
3. Select the SERVICES tab where you will find Available Services under Working Hours.
4. While online, activate the type of service you’d like to receive requests for and deactivate the service types you do not want to receive requests for.
When viewing your bookings online, you will only receive the service types that are selected in your service type preferences. If there is a certain service type option not displaying in your preferences you believe you are eligible for, please let us know below.
You may find that certain service type settings lead to fewer requests. Adjusting your settings to include all service types will help you receive more service requests and maximise your earning potential.
How many times a day can I use the service type feature?
You can modify your service type settings as much as you like – there is no limit!
● You are able to change your service type settings anytime you are online.
● If you’re still having issues, please let us know the service type you are expecting to receive.
What happens to booking requests that I have received or accepted before deactivating the service?
A service received with a booking request can be deactivated, however not accepted as the booking will have unknown status. This will need to be reassigned by an admin.
Services that have been accepted cannot be deactivated.