Adding a comment to an inquiry discussion
The discussion board is an online tool that facilitates communication with your customers. OctopusPro provides discussion boards for users to share and debate information and opinions.
Table of contents :
- Adding a comment on the inquiry discussion board from the admin portal
- Replying to a comment added on the inquiry discussion board
- Editing the visibility of the added comment on the inquiry discussion board
- How are admin users notified when a discussion is added to an inquiry?
- Can the customer get notified about new discussions added by the admin user?
- Deleting a comment from the inquiry discussion board
Adding a comment on the inquiry discussion board from the admin portal
- Go to the inquiry > All Inquiries
- Select the inquiry you want, or you can use the search bar if you have the INQ number, then click on the “Actions” button.
- Select “ Add discussion” from the drop-down menu.
- A pop-up window will appear for the inquiry discussion. When you click on visibility, a drop-down menu will appear so you can select office and fieldworkers, office, or everyone including the customer.
- Fill in the blank with the comment you want.
- You can also insert images/files in “Drop files to upload”.
- Then click on “Post comment.”
You can change the visibility of the comment using the drop-down menu by clicking on the edit button, or you can delete it entirely. You can also refresh the entire process if necessary.
- Go to Inquiries> All Inquiries
- From the inquiry overview page, select the inquiry you want, then click on the “Actions” button.
- Select “View Inquiry” from the drop-down menu.
- Then scroll down to the Discussion board section and click on “ Add Comment”
Replying to a comment added on the inquiry discussion board
You have the option to respond to a selected comment that has already been added to the discussion board.
Click on “Reply”.
Then a pop-up window will appear where you can select the visibility of the comment and leave the comment you want to reply to, or you can reply by uploading a file.
Then click on “Post comment.”
Editing the visibility of the added comment on the inquiry discussion board
To change the visibility of a comment on the inquiry discussion board, in the right corner of the comment, click on the “Edit” button.
- Click on “ Add a comment.”
- An inquiry discussion popup window will appear, and you can change the visibility from the drop-down menu.
Click on “Visibility” and select what you want from the drop-down menu, then click on the “Edit visibility” button, or you can delete your comment entirely by clicking on the “ Delete” icon. You can also refresh the entire process if necessary by using the “ Refresh” button at the end of the pop-up page.
Click on “Post Comment.”
How are admin users notified when a discussion is added to an inquiry?
Admin users can add comments to inquiry discussions by selecting the inquiry to which they want to add a comment, then selecting the discussion board section to view discussions and add comments. They may receive a comment on the discussion board from their customers or other admin users, so they will get a notification from the notification center with any updates about any inquiry.
You can also adjust the settings to what you prefer, and this can be done by the admin user from his account, from All Discussion > Settings > Receive notifications for inquiry discussions
Activating the toggle means you will receive notifications for all comments and discussions added to inquiries by other admin users or by your customers.
Can the customer get notified about new discussions added by the admin user?
When an admin user posts a comment on the discussion board, you are asked whether to send an SMS to the customer or not, in order for the customer to receive an SMS.
The customer will receive an email in which the admin comments on the inquiry, and the email will include the comment added on the discussion board.
Deleting a comment from the inquiry discussion board
To delete a comment on the inquiry discussion board, click on the “ Delete or Trash” icon from the right corner of the comment so you can remove any comment you wish from the discussion board.
The system will display a popup window requesting confirmation of the action.