Utilizing Primary Service Provider and Unassigned Tasks Manager
Embrace the transformation that OctopusPro brings to your business management and mobile workforce coordination. As a business owner, understanding the roles of Primary Service Provider and Unassigned Tasks Manager is vital to streamline your operations and optimize service efficiency.
Unleashing the Power of Your Primary Service Provider
For owner-operated businesses, the role of the Primary Service Provider is indispensable. This user role embodies the heart of your business, managing all bookings and administrative tasks.
Setting Up Your Primary Service Provider
The email address associated with the Primary Service Provider should be your primary business email address, as it is used for customer contact. Update this email within your business details page under Company Settings.
Switching Between Your Roles
OctopusPro’s adaptable system empowers users to effortlessly switch roles, facilitating versatile operations. This feature is ideal when the admin user and the Primary Service Provider are the same person, such as in owner-operated businesses.
If both these roles share identical login credentials, a role selection prompt appears when you log into the app. This flexibility extends beyond the login stage; even while using the app, you can transition between roles. Just click the three-dot options menu in the top-right corner and select the “Switch User” option.
An added advantage of this feature is the ability to receive push notifications for all users you’ve switched between. This means, even if you switch roles, you will continue receiving updates relevant to all roles you’ve interacted with during your session.
The seamless integration of roles lets you stay on top of admin tasks like account management, and fieldwork duties like processing payments, offering you an optimized operational efficiency.
Operational Efficiency as an Owner-Operator
The Primary Service Provider serves as your business calendar, housing all quotes and bookings. For fieldworker duties, like sending “On The Way” messages, checking in and out of jobs, completing forms, and taking payments, log in as the Primary Service Provider. To manage admin tasks, such as account management, customer management, and lead management, switch back to the admin role.
Revolutionizing Businesses with Multiple Fieldworkers
In businesses with a team of fieldworkers, the Unassigned Tasks Manager acts as the default office calendar, retaining all unassigned quotes and bookings. Fieldworkers should have their own user accounts while the admin user manages all tasks.
The Unassigned Tasks Manager’s standard business working hours in their profile will determine the available time slots for customers to book services through your customer portal.
Harnessing the Real-Time Availability Feature
OctopusPro’s Real-Time Availability feature revolutionizes customer bookings. By examining the working hours and calendar availability of each service provider, it determines available time slots for customer bookings. The overall business working hours set in the Unassigned Tasks Manager’s profile guide this feature. Alternatively, disabling this feature allows customers to book appointments anytime, but they will still be limited by the business working hours set in the Unassigned Tasks Manager’s profile.
By fully grasping the Primary Service Provider and Unassigned Tasks Manager roles, you can refine your OctopusPro experience. This detailed guide provides you with the knowledge to effectively wield these roles, ensuring seamless management of bookings and workforce in your field service business. Experience a revolution in service delivery and customer satisfaction with OctopusPro.
In OctopusPro, the functionality of the Primary Service Provider can be adapted to suit businesses of various sizes and structures. Below are real-world examples illustrating how the role can be effectively used:
- The Solo Business Owner – Susan’s Personal Chef Service: As a highly sought-after personal chef, Susan uses the Primary Service Provider role to handle all responsibilities of managing bookings and preparing gourmet meals for her clients. Susan switches between her admin role for client consultations and menu planning, and her Primary Service Provider role when she’s on-site, creating culinary masterpieces in her clients’ kitchens.
- Small Business with Multiple Fieldworkers – John’s Landscaping Company: John utilizes the Primary Service Provider as the default office calendar, holding all unassigned quotes and bookings. Each of his five fieldworkers has their own user accounts, while John manages bookings and operations as an admin user.
- Large Service Business – Amanda’s Home Repair Company: With dozens of fieldworkers and administrative staff, Amanda’s company uses the Primary Service Provider as the central calendar, reflecting the business’s overall availability. Her administrative staff can allocate bookings to individual fieldworkers based on their skill sets, location, and availability.
- Role Switching on the Go – David’s Mobile Pet Grooming Service: David often switches between managing administrative tasks and performing fieldwork. OctopusPro’s role-switching feature allows him to quickly switch between roles using any device. Even when he’s out in the field, David stays updated on new bookings, customer queries, and changes in his schedule.
These scenarios illustrate the flexibility of the Primary Service Provider role, providing a seamless and efficient system for managing service operations, regardless of your business size or structure.
- Can I delete the Primary Service Provider from my OctopusPro account?
No, the Primary Service Provider is a core component of your OctopusPro account and can’t be deleted. This role represents the overall availability and working hours for your business, holding all unassigned quotes and bookings. Its deletion could disrupt the overall functionality of the system. However, you can edit the details of the Primary Service Provider to better fit your business needs.
- Can I use different email addresses for the admin and Primary Service Provider roles? Yes, you can use different email addresses for each role. However, the role-switching feature is only available if both roles share the same login credentials.
- Can I switch roles on all devices or just on the mobile app? OctopusPro’s role-switching feature is designed to function across all devices. Whether you’re using the OctopusPro mobile app or accessing your account via desktop, you can easily switch between your admin and Primary Service Provider roles, provided they share the same login credentials.
- Will I still receive notifications for the Primary Service Provider role if I’m logged in as an admin? Yes, as long as you’ve logged into and switched between both roles during your session, you’ll receive push notifications relevant to all roles. This keeps you updated on all fronts, even while operating in a different role.
- Can I add more than one Primary Service Provider? Yes, OctopusPro allows you to add multiple service providers based on your business needs. However, there’s only one Primary Service Provider, which is the default calendar for your business.
- What does it mean for the Primary Service Provider to serve as the business calendar? When the Primary Service Provider serves as your business calendar, all quotes and bookings are assigned to it. This is typically useful for owner-operator businesses where the owner manages all tasks.
To stay updated, please subscribe to our YouTube channel.